17 December 2010

Can I take a picture of a smell?

Came home this evening; the apples smell amazing.

Blenderized the apples. Tasted. Really good applesauce... added a touch of allspice and honey (not quite sweet enough for my taste), more to see what will happen than anything else. And let it sit in the crock pot for an additional couple of hours, with the lid on.

When I took the lid off, the butter was still pretty applesaucey in texture... but holy cow on the flavor intensity! I had some with dinner (pancakes), and let it simmer another hour or so uncovered, on low. Still pretty soupy. BTW, pancakes with not-quite-apple-butter and honey is really, really good. Maybe next time use honey instead of white sugar?

After a couple more hours uncovered on low, I've got something moderately thick (not as thick as I envisioned it, but perhaps it'll be better once it's cool), smells really good and tastes better.

It's now in the fridge, and it's time for bed. The crock can be washed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment