21 April 2011

Meatballs

It turns out that ground pork is sold in 1.25 lb packages. Who knew? It also turns out that Safeway, on Tuesday, had no chard, and prior to shopping, I didn't see the note that said you can use spinach instead. So I got dino kale, which I like anyway.

Some of the kale is all flavorful, and some less so, I think it probably has to do with how much oil and garlic that bit of kale came in contact with. *shrug*

The meatballs are a touch dry - it would have helped if I'd noticed the "turn once" direction in the instructions. So I flipped them and cooked them for an extra minute or two. They're also not as sweet as I expected. But I do like the pine nuts.

However, this Real Simple recipe worked out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment